Tandoori Chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken by marinating in yoghurt and spices and cooking in a cyslindrical clay oven called Tandoor. This dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in different parts of the world.
I think it needs no introduction,how it tastes or what goes best with it.
But tandoor is not always available inabll homes. It is not common,but still we can enjoy juicy Tandoori chicken at home.
We can make it in microwave or OTG or conventional oven.
Let’s make Tandoori Chicken….at home 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes + 2 hours minimum for marination or overnight for best result
Cooking time- 45-50 minutes
- 2 lb chicken drumsticks with or without skin
- Slit marks are made on the skin
- 2+2 tbs garlic paste
- 2+2 tbs ginger paste
- 2 tbs green chili paste (or red version of the green chillies paste)
- 4 tbs whisked curd/yoghurt
- 4 tbs lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbs red chilli powder
- 4 tbs mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Or you you can skip all these spices and see my link to how to make Tandoori Masala 👉 Homemade Tandoori Masala
- 2 tbs gram flour
- 1 tbs butter
- Clean the chicken properly
- For first marination- add lemon juice,2 tbs garlic paste,2 tbs ginger paste,red chilli powder
- Keep for 20 minutes
- For the second marination-in a bowl whisk rest of the ingredients
- Add all the marination to the chicken
- Message properly
- Keep in refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- For best result go for whole night
- Line up a baking tray with aluminum foil and prick it so that all the excess water,which the chicken will leave will drain out
- Below your baking rack put a tray 1/3 rd filled with water,it will keep the chicken succulent and juicy
- Now bake in a preheated 425F for 20 minutes on one side
- Then flip and brush some butter and if any marination left and then again bake for 20 minutes on another side
- Now change the mode to grill and grill on high for 4 minutes on one side
- After 4 minutes flip and again grill for more 4 minutes and its done
If you want you can add red or orange food color but artificial things should be avoided for the sake of health
- If you don’t have a conventional oven then you can try this method with OTG or microwave
- Take the chicken shallow fry for 10 minutes
- Put in the oven at in micro at high for 8 minutes,the go to convection mode and preheat to 180C and grill for 20-25 minutes and check in between
- OR if you are making it in OTG then 180C for 35-40 minutes in rotisserie
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇👇👇
Hope you like this recipe 😊
We’ve share a Tandoori Masala link in the ingredients section.
You can enjoy with some green mint chutney.
You can also try butter naan with this Tandoori Chicken, 👇👇👇
You can also try 👇👇👇 this restaurant style homemade kebabs
Don’t forget to like, share and comment.
Like we always say your comments always encourages us 😊😊😊.
Arcxel – News
from Arcxel from shopsnetwork (5 sites) http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Arcxel-News/~3/w6TPukIDutg/tandoori-chicken-recipe-juice-succulent-grilled-chicken-full-of-flavors